Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back in the Saddle again...lol

I have no photos to show but I have been back into the couponing world. July marked the last of Ub's unemployment checks and with no income what so ever we needed to do something and I knew what I had to do. First I am doing classes for scrapbooking and card making again. Second COUPONING!!! I am not an extreme couponer at all but I try to get things for my family that they can use and I spend little to no money on.
I went to Wal Mart today and here is what I bought
4 battery operated toothbrushes, they were priced at $5.97 and I had a 4 $10.00 from 10/16 P&G insert. That meant I made a profit of $16.12 that I could use towards my groceries.
4 cologate complete toothpaste used 4 $2.00 (the coupon did not exclude trial size, so I bought trial for .97cents) making $4.12 profit to use on groceries
13 trial size Tide and used several kinds of coupons to make these all .47cents each (who doesn't want to do a load of laundry for only .47cents.
3 old spice trial size body wash .97cents each I had 3 $1.00 off coupons (no size restriction) so .09 cent profit
2 aquafresh extreme clean .97cents used 2 $1.00 off coupons, again no size restrictions so a .04 cents profit was made.
Then went on to grocery shop for things we needed at home (staples like, bread, milk, cheese, eggs and dinner stuff) my total was $71.46 after all my coupons I spent out of pocket (OOP) $17.08. That is the best I have done at Wal Mart before. Couponing really does pay off!!!
Then we went on to Walgreens
they had 12 in DiGirono pizzas 2/10 with their ad, in the walgreens booklet (located in the front of the store) there was a coupon for $1.00 off 2 and then to sweeten the deal I liked Digirono on facebook and got 2 $2.00 off coupons I printed off my computer SO two pizzas for $5.00 is such a great deal.
They are also offering chinet plates (10 count) 2 for $3.00 and I went onto the chinet website and got 2 $1.00 coupons. So I go 2 pkgs for .50 cents each
Also on the front of the ad was a special candy deal $1.99 for fun size candy bags and I had somehow printed 2 coupons for $1.00 the candy, making them .99cents each.
THE BEST DEAL EVER!!!
Large Huggies wipes (216 count) $4.99 Buy 2 $9.98 but there is an infant booklett and if you can't find it the cashiers know the code and if not here it is #5519 that will give you $4.00 the grand total. Now to make it even sweeter the SS10/23 has a coupon for .75cents off wipes. if you have 2 of those coupons it makes your total price $4.48 that make them $2.24 each for a big bag of wipes. I just got my grandson 2 of those wipes (you can never have enough)
My total at Walgreens, was $52.00 but my out of pocket expense was only $14. and some change. I had an awesome couponing day.
Why do I ever stop when I save so much.....
I will start keeping my blog going with scrapbook pages and some other fun stuff. I am planning to do some recipes and photograph what I made as well as my coupon hauls. My son is going to help me make youtube videos of my projects and my coupon hauls. I also have some other fun things I want to do for instance some cool challenges, weather it be cooking or crafting or just random tips. Be on the lookout for some new changes in my blog.
NEXT time I promise to take pictures of my haul.

1 comment:

K Clark said...

wow... great savings.. wish i had the time to do that!!