Monday, November 24, 2008

It's been awhile


I love blogging but sometimes there never seems to be enough time to get everything done in one day or week. Yesterday I had a son turn 20. I just don't know how to feel about that. I love turning new corners with my kids but this corner could have slowed down just a bit. I didn't get a picture on his 20th birthday because he spent 4 days with his girlfriend in California and won't be home until tonight sometime. He is our fearless, crazy, lovable, smart, goofy, and sensitve son. I love this kid dearly. He is the oldest of 7 kids and sometimes he acts younger then my 10 year old but the only regret I have with Josh is that I couldn't convince him to stay in school. He now realizes what a mistake dropping out was. I recently told him that God has a master plan for all of us. That maybe he was going to have kids one day that wanted to do much of the same as he did and that knowing what a huge mistake it was, he will be able to help his child through this choice. Without having lived this himself he may not have known how to effectively handle this situation years from now. I believe we make mistake to learn by them and he in turn will help his kids one day. Happy Birthday Josh, I love you.

No comments: